Hugo de Clercq and Jurgen van der Ploeg forged a bond between Denmark and the isle of Terschelling. The year was 1988, and on the deck of a saling boat during the nighly watches they came to an agreement. Pieter Weijnen, house mate and friend of Jurgen joined in 1991. After working together on the second round of a competition for Granade, we decided to continue as one firm. We chose FARO as our name: short, easy and recognizable. In 2000 Coen Kampstra joined. In 2010 Pieter started concentrating on Zwarthout and left FARO.
We now work as four architects that fully share their authorship in a joint oeuvre. As part of our firm, many professionals have shared our enthousiasm and ambition over the years.
Since 1997, we’re located in a beautiful orchard between apples and pears. On the estate ‘de Olmenhorst’ we restored a potato barn from 1930 into our office. In 2018 we openend a second location in Arnhem. Our projects and clients are throughout the Netherlands and also abroad. With this locations we are close to the both in the east as in the west.